Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Short Walk to Rose Valley Falls

I love it when spontaneity leads me to a waterfalls.  I love it even more when the trail is marked by big red hearts.  My travel buddy was annoyed by the graffiti, but that Sunday afternoon,  I was a city mouse in a country setting.  I felt right at home!

The hike to the lower falls is a short half mile on an easy trail.  Park in the Rose Valley Campground (off Highway 33, north of Ojai) and walk to the end where the trail starts out.  Because we were in street clothes and leather shoes, we could not scramble up the boulders to the upper falls.  We will leave that for another day.  Today, the beauty of this little falls, the respite from the heat, the realization that an hour before we were having lunch at a fine Italian restaurant in town and that now we were in the middle of the wilderness . . . well, life doesn't get much better.  Southern California is a great place to live.   Graffiti and all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment