Thursday, August 4, 2011

French Riviera

Everyone needs to go to the French Riviera at least once.  Preferably in the summer.  Dance until dawn.  Sleep until noon.  Munch on Nicoise sandwiches.  Drink wine.  Swim topless in the Mediterranean.  Smoke a cigarette (Yes, only one!).  Just stop.

And Nice is where I stopped.  After roaming around Europe for two months, I was exhausted.  I recharged my batteries here.  Did nothing but sleep, eat and swim for an entire week and refused to feel guilty about it.   Nice is where I decided to make travel a way of life.  And I have.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Back to Nice."

"In my Miatta?  I don't think so."

Sigh.  "Okay, then, how about Hendry's?"

"Deal.  I'll grab the beer and the beach towels.  And Mimi?"

"Yeah?"

"Scoot over."

No comments:

Post a Comment