Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mimi Wears Geren Ford

Geren Lockhart founded Geren Ford in 2002.  Her bio says she was inspired by her travels so it's no wonder I love her clothes.  To quote from her website:  "The art, film, music and architecture found in the diverse and fantastic cities of the world shape her vision."  Travel is what inspires Mimi and me--the diversity of the world reflected through fashion.

I own two silk tunics and one black dress of hers,  and although I often layer them with vests, sweaters, scarves and jackets, Mimi insisted I go solo this time.  Why cover such beautiful draping?  Hide the exquisite stitching?  And that bib that falls in waves?  It needs no further embellishment.  Geren Ford is a minimalist's dream.  This summer I am following Mimi's advice and wearing her clothes sans the extra layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment